A leadership role in a boutique firm working on projects ranging from custom residential, hospitality and light-commercial.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Full understanding of particular project scope and how it applies to the design and permitting process
- Execute project plans and documentation from programming phase through final inspection
- Prepare project code analysis and local ordinance application
- Close interaction and communication with clients in a manner that reflects the core values of the company
- Build strong relationships with local agency representatives
- Lead client, agency, and consultant meetings as required.
- Prepare and oversee local agency submittals.
- Prepare, review and assist in construction bid documentation and value engineering as needed
- Track in-house job hours and budget through all phases of the project
- Provide support to Principal-in-charge of each project
- Prepare redlines and reviews of junior staff work
- Demonstrate abilities of problem-solving using design skills
- Travel (as necessary) for job site visits, initial client meetings and construction assistance activities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture
- Minimum five (5-8) years of experience
- In-depth knowledge of Building Codes and Municipal Ordinances
LICENSING AND CERTIFICATION:
- Architectural license
- Valid California driver’s license
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND SKILL:
- Management and design experience in high-end, single-family, multi-family, hospitality and light-commercial architecture through all phases of design and construction
- Ability to create construction detailing as it pertains to the project
- Proficient in CAD, knowledge of Vectorworks is preferred but not required
- Proficient hand drafting, sketching and computer graphics
- Strong ability to convey design solutions through graphic representation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership skills and self-motivated
- Capable of multi-tasking and meeting deadlines
- Punctual and organized
- A strong drive to grow within the company
We look forward to bringing on a skilled professional to our team. If interested, please send contact information, resume, work portfolio (preferably contract documents) and a little about yourself to [email protected] and we will be in contact with you as soon as we can.